Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Mine and Steve's dream is so BIG it makes me want to shout and dance and crawl under the covers all at the same time! Some people are rolling their eyes, looking at us as though we have 3 heads, laughing out loud....and yet some are in awe, encouraging and all together excited for us. It really doesn't matter to us how people respond, except to say that when they laugh...we get excited. It means that our dream is BIG...GOD size BIG! And that tells us that we are on the right path! This dream will take a God size faith, but we have that!
Are you dreaming? Are you dreaming so big that others laugh? GREAT! Keep it up! And don't let anyone steal that DREAM. Go after it, put prayer to it, feet to it, and all your heart and soul, and watch BIG things happen!
"Set a goal to achieve something that is so big, so exhilarating that it excites you and scares you at the same time. It must be a goal that is so appealing, so much in line with your spiritual core, that you can't get it out of your mind. If you do not get chills when you set a goal, your not setting big enough goals."
Monday, August 6, 2012
Remember the days of ~
and all things camping?
I remember days on my Aunt's mountain..... the days of camping by the stream, bathing in the stream, and eating marshmallows until it was stuck in our hair, on our clothes and on the dog!
It's gonna be that kind of weekend here at Camp Still Waters.
Yep, call me crazy, call me adventurous, just don't call me unmotivated!
I love an adventure, but I love mom's and daughters and their relationships more.
When's the last time you spent a weekend with just you and your daughter camping, hiking, swimming, praying, journaling, team building and just getting to know each other?
30 mom's and daughters. 30 personalities. 30 hugs. 30 new ways to look at life together.
Ahhhh....my kinda weekend.
How will you spend your weekend?
One of my most favorite sites to go on is this one: Oneand2
When you go to the site....look at the most recent article.
It's all about your Yes.
This year has been about yes's for me.
- Yes to my children. That I will swing with them, sit and talk with them, read their imaginative reports, help edit their blogs, and hold them with intent.
- Yes to my husband. Yes to doing all the tasks he asks of me, (before he gets home), yes to investing in our children over house, friends, business. Yes to letting him cook! (No problems there!) Yes to dreaming with him again.
- Yes to more time with God. Yes to learning what it means to wrestle in prayer.
- Yes to our future. Yes to being alive. Yes to success. Yes to being more and learning more. Yes to personal development. Yes to a BIGGER dream.
But to say yes to these things I had to say no to some others.
- No to always having a spotless house.
- No to always having a clean school room.
- No to the garden without weeds.
- No to sleeping later than I want to.
- No to anything that deters me from my yes.
The potential to move forward is in our hands. The potential to change our lives is in our hands. The buck stops with us. The responsibility lies with us to change our own world. If you can't change your current circumstances you can at least change your response to them, and you'd be surprised how fast your circumstances will change.
What are you saying yes to?