Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Martha Stewart was in my kitchen


Ever have one of those moments when 6 o'clock rolls around and you realize you forgot to prepare for dinner and you have 12 hungry eyeballs staring you down?

Yeah..that was me.

Refrigerator soup to the rescue! You know...the empty the fridge and don't' tell anyone you did it kinda soup.

Wanna know what I did? It comes out GREAT every.time.

If you have left over veggies, meat and spagetti sauce...then it's Martha Stewart like nobody's business.

I had some small containers of:

~wild rice
~corn
~potatoes
~3 hamburgers
~spagetti
~cubed chicken

I tossed them all into the pot. Added some water. 2T garlic and herb seasonings. 1 T salt. 1/2 bulb crushed garlic. 1 can of diced tomatoes. And viola! We had soup!

It was amazing!

A little garlic bread, salad and our refrigerator soup and I became Martha Stewart!

Now...shhhh...the family thinks this is some pre-planned, well thought out soup that just seems to appear once a month.

It's our secret...don't disappoint me and tell!

What kind of creations do you come up with?



No comments:

Other non -related stuff

Related Posts with Thumbnails