Thursday, September 15, 2011

Come to Jesus

Do you ever have a come to Jesus meetin’ with yourself?

I’m having one today.

Algebra 1 is what started it all.

Why do we need Algebra? I mean, come on, Cartesian points and all?

We are graphing numbers that have no value except abstract value.

Can’t we be learning about mortgages, taxation, government control, etc?

How ‘bout canning, freezing, timing of harvesting, new spring garden layout, surface area needed for planting crops….now where talkin’!

 

I’m re-thinkin’ this whole Algebra thing…unless you can give me a REALLY good reason to complete it.

One of the beauties of home-schooling is the freedom of choice. The freedom to teach and learn according to our gifting. 

I love this aspect of teaching. I get to help my children unfold their gifts, talents, and dreams. I’m all about carving the angel out of the marble.

 

DSCN1354

So, I am going into a small hibernation mode this afternoon….getting on my face and seeking the Author of learning.

Goin’ to meet with the Master…will let you know how it all works out.

 

 

Farmhouse Chicks

 

1 comment:

PlainJane said...

Hi Sandy, So very good to hear from you again. Sorry to hear you are having computer problems...it seems to be going around.

I'm with you on algebra...and all the higher math for that matter. We just skipped most of it and did more consumer math.

Our sukkot was fine...I've come to the conclusion that Minnesota weather is NOT the same as it is in the Middle East, and not very condusive to sukkahs...we had a big storm right away Wednesday that would have tore apart & blown our sukkah far away -- thankfully it only took a couple more shingles off our house (I see a re-shingling job in our future), and it's always far too cold up here by this time of year to enjoy spending time outdoors in a temporary structure of any type, therefore we just made a cute little sukkah table centerpiece and wrapped ourselves in Sukkot studies throughout the week. How about you?

Are you heading to Florida again soon? And have you seen or heard from Ruth (Antoniette) much lately?

I've tried to share my heart a few times on whatever we are doing Messianic-wise on my blog, but have been faced with so much criticism by a few friends that just don't get it that I end up deleting my posts and sometimes consider stopping blogging altogether as about all I dare talk about is the weather or animals. So I haven't been posting nearly as much as I use too.

How about you? What have you been up too? Feel free to write me anytime at pbafarm@gmail.com. Have a blessed Shabbat!

Other non -related stuff

Related Posts with Thumbnails